Sometimes small experiments can lead to a big discovery. You have to keep trying and keep experimenting in order to find out some new avenues. The braid as we know today was discovered years ago and it might be made in an experiment, if you change the dimension of stitches or make your own weave by knitting hair strands you will be able to discover a new braid that nobody has worn as yet. It’s all about time that some day of the week you feel very creative and very artistic that you want to make a unique braid.
Just in case you are on your own, you can buy dummy mannequin with false hair to start with the braiding techniques, just make a braid, make nice stitches, once you are used to with it, try your technique by changing the method.
Things needed for mixed braid
Tutorial on how to make a mixed braid
- Prepare your hair by applying some hair wax.
- Take off the tangles by thoroughly brushing the hair.
- Let your hair set in and then make your braid by taking a big section of hair behind the ear and dividing it into three big halves.
- Now make a faux fishtail braid out of it.
- Once you are done with couple of stitches you need to make new French fishtail for you will add hair in the braid from the opposite sides.
- For right stitch you will take hair from the left side and cross the hair loop beneath instead of over the strands. You can see the tutorial for French fishtail if you feel confused on how to do it.
- Once you reach the end of the braid, you need to roll up your hair in a nice bun, use pins to hold the bun in position and then take some hair out to create messy effect.
- To set the hair style, you need to use a hair spray, don’t sprit it too much just one splash is good enough to make the braid stay in a good condition for long hours.