Whether you have used permanent or semi-permanent color to dye your hair brown or blonde it’s not easy to get rid of it easily. Once the color is in place, it will stay there for several weeks or maybe for months which is a kind of big hassle because sometimes you have to attend some special business events for you need to change your dye shade or get rid of the previous one in order to look sober and sophisticated. The pressing question is what the solution out there is and how it will work on your follicles without disturbing their health and condition? Keep reading to know the answer.
Over the counter Dye Removal Shampoos
Just imagine what kind of impact these shampoos would make on your silky hair if they are used as they are. They contain high amount of bleaching agent and some additional amount of harsh chemicals which can destroy the beauty of hair from roots to bottom, leaving you on the mercy of more hair dyes. Some grey hair usually grow up right after using such products, I recommend you to stay away from these at all costs.
Some other options in hair dye removal are cut-down creams and bleaching shampoos which are not any lesser harmful than the dye removing chemicals mentioned above.
Your Safe Ride: Organic and Natural
By dying your hair in semi or permanent color you have already applied enough chemicals to compromise with the beauty and the condition of hair. Now you need to find an organic solution and I recommend you to opt for the safest one to protect your hair from further wear and tear.
Organic products don’t promise to give you guaranteed results but they work on hair without causing any damage. In most cases they do work to some extent. In other words they are your safe bet when it comes to removing hair dye.
Some organic ingredients which you can use to remove hair dye are given below:
- Vitamin C tablets
- Baking Soda (recommended and effective)
- Homemade bleaching detergent
How to remove hair dye with baking soda?
A lot of women are using this method to get rid of toughest hair dyes which are otherwise hard to remove with other conventional techniques. Here is a simple formula that will you creature your mixture with ease.
- Baking soda as required according to the volume of your hair.
- Over the counter dandruff shampoo.
- Warm water (not scalding water it will burn the skin, be careful).
How to remove hair dye simple guide in steps:
- Make a nice and smooth mixture of baking soda with the moderate amount of shampoo and apply it on the hair.
- Apply the mixture to the roots by performing a thorough massage using your fingers.
- Leave it for five to six minutes.
- Now check the temperature of the water you want to use, it should be warm but not scalding warm.
- Wash your hair; you will see color coming off of the hair. Keep washing hair until it’s all gone. Rinse hair and wait for few seconds.
- Use the best quality conditioner to deliver some protein to the hair follicles.
Best Selling Amazon Hair Color Removal Products
- L’Oreal ColorZap Haircolor Remover
- Color Oops Hair Color Remover, Extra Strength 1 Application
- Color Wipeez Hair Color Removal Wipes 110 Wipes
- Ultra Hair Away (2 ~ 4 fl.oz. Bottles) Hair Inhibitor – Permanent Hair Remover
- Colour B4 Hair Colour Remover Extra Strength For Darker Hair Colours