Fishtail is one of many popular braids that young girls like to wear for school and college parties. The braid is a little complicated in terms of design and structure but it’s fun to get it done by an expert, the addition of hair accent adds more charm to the design as long as there is sleekness.
The French braid is simple though, it has been recreated by using two or three strands, the fishtail was not originated from it but it has somewhat the same design except for that four hair loops are combined for use in the weave.
Faux Fishtail braid is a kind of simple braid that anyone can create at home without making a lot of practice, you will need to work with three hair strands, just pull the right loop over the right or left hair loop to get your first stitch.
Here is a detailed tutorial on how to get a faux fishtail braid without ado and much effort:
- Rat Tail Brush
- Hair Spray
- Hair Brush with paddle to straighten the hair
- Hair band or ponytail rubber
- Hair Serum to take off the frizzes
Tutorial on how to make a faux fishtail braid
- Begin by applying hair serum in your dry hair, there has to be some moisturizer in it in order to be tied in a sleek braid.
- Now brush your hair with the paddle brush and take off all the tingles because this braid would not come out to be beautiful if your hair has frizzes.
- Divide your hair in three hair sections, starting from the nape, the sections should be of the equal volume or thickness.
- Now keep the middle loop in the middle and pull the right hair strand over the middle one.
- Pull the left hair strand over both hair strands, your first stitch is ready and complete.
- Now repeat the process and keep doing down to make more stitches by pulling hair as per the given directions.
- Stop when you reach at the end of the hair and secure your braid with the ponytail.
- Now you can decorate your hair by adding one pearl inside the switch using the bobby pin and let your hair as it is, just fix the braid by splashing a spray on it so that it can stay for hours.