Lack of care, nutrients and vitamins can cause rough cuticles with time. If your nails are brittle, yellow and dehydrated, you should opt for a paraffin wax manicure which is designed to improve the blood circulations in the nails- the therapy also improves the health and hygiene of your hands by sealing the moisturize into it.
Before I tell you how to do paraffin wax manicure at home, I would like to give a brief introduction of the therapy itself.
Paraffin Wax Manicure:
This manicure is rising of fame due to its efficacy and good results in many high class spas and saloons. However, sanitation is the first important thing to consider when you go out to get it done in a public saloon. You might not want to return home with germs and skin diseases after getting your hands and nails treated in an untidy paraffin wax basic which has been used to treat many customers in the past.
The manicure is beneficial in so many ways and it is done in the following steps:
Some paraffin wax is melted first in the basis. There are special spa basins in which the wax is broken and melted before the therapy. Then the experts wait for few minutes to allow the wax to cool down a bit because the warmer therapies can burn the skin and cause serious inflammation afterwards. Therefore, it’s recommended that you check the temperature before dipping your hands into it.
- A special kind of hand scrubber is applied to the hands and the nails to remove dust particles and impurities.
- Once the wax is moderate hot, the hands are submerged into it for few minutes depending on the therapy duration.
- Sometimes one plastic bag is sealed around each hand so that the moisturizer can lock itself into deep skin cells and the nails.
- After a pre-defined time, the hands are taken out of the tub or basis.
- The wax cools down itself and then it’s peeled off.
How to do it at home?
Paraffin wax manicure is quite expensive because it takes too much time and also the customers are given some extra added services such as the massage, filing of the nails and so on by the expert. If you don’t have this much budget, you can do it at home easily by doing the following:
- Buy yourself a small tub to melt down the wax.
- Invest some money in hand and nail cleansing lotion, scrubber and dehydrated.
- Before preparing the therapy, you need to remove your hands from the dirt, for use a good milk cleanser. Now do a thorough massage with it and let it stay for a while.
- Use the paper to clean the area. Now apply some scrubber to clean the dead skin cells from the hands.
- Trim your nails to the desired length and file the rough edges.
- Now prepare the hot waxing tub. Take out a small chunk of paraffin from the packet and put it in the tub, melt it down.
- Use your finger to touch the wax to see if it’s tolerable. Now submerge your hands into it and keep them there for few minutes.
- Take out the hands and let the wax get dry.
- Peel off the wax. Your hands and nails will be too much oily.
- So if you want to apply a nail polish now, you need to use a dehydrator on the nails.
- Your manicure is done.