Whether you are a friend of Marilyn Monroe or Jessica Biel or of any Hollywood celebrity who have fuller lips like Angelina Jolie, you’ll admit that the secret to bold lips is just one-the correct lipstick application within boundaries in a sensible fashion. You might have had encounter with aged aunties who look awkward even when they are dressed in million dollars dress- the reason for their clumsy appearance is that they don’t learn how to put on makeup in the right way and how to apply lipstick appropriately.
You must know how to apply lipstick like a professional makeup artist. There is no hard and fast rule in applying the lipstick, let me tell you that applying any color on lip is also an art, it’s not just about opening the tube and applying it recklessly without care. You must check out with several things before you pick on the right lipstick shade.
Check up list:
Skin complexion; nude colors are best for women with pale skin. Plums and reds are good for bright skin. Cinnamon and purple are two good colors for women with moderately fair skin.
Shape of the lips: The fuller lips should be highlighted with the soft colors such as pink, light pastels and neutral peach. The smaller lips should be highlighted with dark and medium bright shades such as dark pink, dark brown and maroon.
Condition of the lips; Matte lipsticks are not good for women with over dry skin tone. Women with oily skin should avoid using buttery lipsticks.
Dress colors/Event/ time: All these three elements would determine how bright or light your lips should be for the event. In day time you should not apply dark lip colors such as red and orange. In night time you must avoid applying neutral colors unless it’s a formal event.
- Lip liner (either neutral or in a shade few shades darker than the lipstick you will apply).
- Matte lipstick or glossy lipstick according to skin tone
- Lip peeling agent/paste
- A soft brush for peeling the lips
- Lip conditioner
- Lipstick brush
- Lip liner brush
- Lip balm
- Tissue paper
- Lipstick sealer
Step by step guide on how to apply Lipstick correctly:
- Apply a small amount of lipstick peeling agent/paste on the skin and rub it gently over the lips. Let it stay on the lips for three minutes if needed or when the lips are over dry.
- Use the brush to rub off the flakes or scaliness from the lips.
- Apply lip balm to moisturize the lips and wait for few minutes.
- Pick your lip liner and scribe through it over a tissue paper to soften the tip. You don’t want to hurt your lips by using sharp tips directly on the lips.
- Now use the lip liner to draw lines on the lip lines and try to be accurate when you make outlines.
- Do it only once, if you feel like that the line you drew is not accurate or out of shape, remove the outline and do it again.
- When you are done with the lip liner you need to apply a lip conditioner in order to moisturize the lips again.
- Now open the lipstick tube and apply it, starting from the middle of the lips. Apply only one coat.
- You don’t want to apply thick lipstick coats as they will smear outside the outline. When you apply lipstick try to be within outline you have drawn.
- If the lipsticks is not completely filled in the outline, you need to use lipstick brush to fill it all over the lips but within the lines.
- Now apply a lipstick sealer to seal the lipstick, it will help the color to stay longer.