All makeup artists believe that applying eyeliner correctly over the eyes is a big art because women without drawing skills can easily make mistakes. I guess they are quite right when they consider makeup as an art- the more you learn the better you get. Keep watching tutorials to master the art of basic makeup first. Once you get some basic knowledge, it’s easy to take to follow advance makeup tutorial.
Maybe nobody has told you that the fashion of kohl is very old- ancient Egyptian and Greek women used to apply black kohl to beauty their eyes. If you check with some ancient paintings you will see that their style of applying the eyeliner was quite different and difficult as compared to now.
Today there are many eyeliner styles that you can learn such as smokey eyeliner, double flick eyeliner, Marilyn Monroe eyeliner, 1980s eyeliner and the list goes on and on. The basic one is regular line with no flick and here is a tutorial on how to apply eyeliner without making a mistake.
- Black eyeliner with small brush
- Eye liner/pencil with sharp tip
- Eyeliner brush
- Matte eyeliner
- Cotton bud
Step by step guide on how to apply eyeliner without making any mistake
- First pick the eye pencil in your hand and make a small outline over the upper eyelid.
- Don’t rush when you draw a line.
- Consider you are doing a creative line drawing on a paper. Hold the eye pencil and draw very soft line along the upper eye lid.
- Check the line to make sure it is correct and there is no flaw.
- Make the line on upper lid of second eye in the same manner.
- Now pick the eyeliner and apply it over the line. That’s it.
- Now pick the eye liner brush and dip it in the water. Sweep it on the matte eyeliner.
- Blot the liner over tissue paper to get rid of excess amount of liner. Now apply the liner using the brush over the eyeliner and do it one setting. Here you go.
- If you want to make a small flick, it should be right with the liner brush you are using, for you must extent the brush in a bit upward direction as you reach the end of the eye.
- Repeat the process with the second eye and see if eyeliner on both eyes are in the same direction and they have the same thickness.
- Use cotton bud to remove any eyeliner mistake or mark if there is any.